Event Recap: Vampire Academy Premiere + My thoughts on the film

February 21, 2014

Hi Guys!
Today I'm thrilled to share with you my experience at the Vampire Academy premiere in Sydney. I was super fortunate to win a double pass to the premiere thanks to Studiocanal and The Hot Hits. I brought my lovely mom with me and Francoise brought hers as well, as we both scored passes. Woohoo!

The event took place in the city with just over 90 double pass winners. The day before, I attended a VA fan event (which Zoey and Lucy both made appearances at and ZOEY WAVED BACK AT ME) so I was all sorts of excited. Once I lined up and received my cool lanyard, we got to walk the pink carpet! How cool is that!! Because the stars hadn't arrived yet, we didn't walk with them. But Zoey Deutch, Lucy Fry and Sarah Hyland did walk and pose on the carpet shortly after we vacated it. 

Group photo taken by a photographer 
Once we walked the carpet and snapped a few pics, we walked into a venue where we were given a fake rose and a mock tail. There were also professional photos being taken and the 4 of us got a pic taken with Lissa and Rose look a likes. We chatted, drunk, and bought some snacks for the movie. We also got photo with and met various Australian stars such as Xenia Goodwin from Dance Academy and Lincoln Lewis. We even got a picture with Miss World Australia. Apparently the Australian Bachelor and his girlfriend were behind me but I was too excited to notice. I also met some bloggers and twitter friends. 

Francoise & I acting like fools as we await the film
Once were seated in the cinemas with lots of nice treats, photos taken and all of that, Zoey and Lucy introduced the film with a quick Q&A. The movie was great and it was awesome being the first in Australia to see it and it was particularly entertaining when all the fangirls would squeal together. I just want to give a massive thank you to the people who made this awesome night possible, Studiocanal, The Hot Hits and Penguin Teen. Also big thanks to Francoise, Mom and Michelle for being such awesome company. It was great to see everyone and I feel so lucky and grateful to have been there. Such a fun night!

My verdict on the film:

Vampire Academy was action-packed and hilarious! I LOVED IT. The casting was so well done (I even adjusted to Danilla although he wasn't the original Dimitri I had in mind). Zoey and Lucy were pretty much the perfect Rose and Lissa. Zoey shined in this film with her awesome portrayal of Rose and great witty sarcastic remarks. She rocked!

There were quite a few changes and the film was very quick paced. Some times rushed, but I could see how these things benefited the movie. Dimitri's accent and Kirova's attitude kinda irked me but oh well. I was really pleased with the way they explained things, but I feel like some things needed a more in depth explanation.

I think what makes this film stand out from others within it's genre is the audience it caters to and the humour it delivers. It is such a fun film and you'll definitely be entertained. It wasn't a perfect adaption but it was a awesome one. I don't think there was one person bored or not laughing. I think it's really important for the VA fandom to support and see this film. But to also encourage others who usually might not, to see it as well. The ending was so cute but it also paved a great path for a possible Frostbite film. It wasn't the exact same as the book but it stayed true enough and VA fans should be proud. I think I would rate it a 4 or a 4.5. It gets my tick of approval!

Check out what Francoise thought of the night here.

10 comments

  1. It's so good to hear you enjoyed the movie! I can't wait to go see it the weekend it's in cinemas (hopefully I have time!). And I'm so jealous you got to go to both the fan event and the premiere!! I swear all the awesome things happen in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit nervous about all the lack of praise but I really recommend seeing it, it's great fun! Next time you'll have to come down to Sydney and then we can finally meet. Thanks for commenting Bec!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I really hope I can watch the movie as soon as it comes out. I wish I could've went! It would've been so cool if I could meet you. If there are any other events you're going to, let me know! Are you going to the Book Expo Australia??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I am so jealous you got to go to the premiere, that prize couldn't have went to someone more worthy! Lovely snaps you got there and it must have been so exciting seeing the actresses. I'm glad you loved the movie, I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so fun! We have to go to more events this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha you two crack me up! It would be illegal to pass up the opportunity to pose on the carpet ;) Such a shame Dimitri didn't really work out too well :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently saw the movie, and I thought it was pretty entertaining! It wasn't what I pictured the book to be like, but I still thought the movie was a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'M SO JEALOUS I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! I'm so glad you had a great time, I can't wait to watch the film and see what I think. It's so cool how you and Francoise both such great friends, and both got passes! I've never been to a film premiere before, but it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just think it's awesome that you scored passes! Congrats again :) It sounds like it was a great time and I'm glad you really enjoyed the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had an AMAZING time! I haven't read the VA books yet but I recently received the first one to review and I'm excited to see what all the hype is about! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank for stopping by my small corner of the web, I hope you enjoyed your time here. Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them. Sending you a thousand lovely days x

© A Sunny Spot. Design by FCD. Header using graphics from Freepik.